The cost for applying, renewing and changing Immigration characteristics in Mexico has changed this year as of January 2nd 2012. The following is the list of the new tariffs:
- Reception, evaluation and study of applicant´s request to obtain immigration form: This is a onetime payment of $550 pesos that applies when you change your FMM to a Non-Immigrant card (FM3), either for lucrative or for non-lucrative purposes.
- Non-Immigrant (FM3) for non-lucrative purposes (rentista): $1,451 pesos
- Non-Immigrant (FM3) for lucrative purposes : $2,356 pesos
- Non- Immigrant (FM3) renewal for non lucrative purposes (rentista): $1,451 pesos
- Non-Immigrant (FM3) renewal for lucrative purposes: $2,356 pesos
- Filing in the National Foreign Registry: This is a onetime payment of $750 pesos that applies when you request an Immigrant card (FM2) for the first time, either for lucrative or for non-lucrative purposes.
- Immigrant (FM2) for lucrative or non-lucrative purposes: $3,139 pesos
- Immigrant (FM2) renewal for lucrative or non-lucrative purposes: $3,140 pesos
- Replacement of Immigrant card (FM2): $942 pesos to replace a lost card
- Permission to fly out of the country: If your Non-Immigrant or Immigrant applications are in process and you need to fly out of the country, you can apply for an exit permit that costs $322 pesos.
- Study to change to Immigrated status: If you want to apply for the Immigrated status, you must first pay $1,000 pesos for a study to be made by the Immigration office regarding your application.
- Immigrated: After you spend 5 years as an Immigrant you can apply for the Immigrated status for a cost of $3,828 pesos.
- Replacement of Immigrated card: $1,413 pesos for a replacement card.
- Change of activity status: If you have a Non-Immigrant or Immigrant card with a specific activity, in order to change the activity, you must pay a fee of $2,289 pesos.
For much more detailed information about the different types of immigrant and non-immigrant status visas in Mexico, please read our in-depth Expatriate Guide to Immigration which can be purchased and downloaded from our website here.
As always, the project managers at Yucatan Expatriate Services are available to help you with the paperwork and process of obtaining your visa. Give the office a call for information or to set up an appointment.