Getting Started


Moving to Yucatan? Buying property? Starting a business? Whatever your dream is for your life here, you will do better with the experienced professionals of Yucatan Expatriate Services in your corner. For the latest at YES, come join us on our Facebook page. If you are exploring this website, start HERE

Introduction Video


Let us introduce ourselves. On our team are lawyers, accountants, administrators, paralegals, writers, doctors, teachers… all professionals whose job it is to know what you need and help you get it as efficiently as possible.

Latest Articles

New Immigration Fees for 2015

Category: Professional Services
January 5, 2015

The Mexican Immigration Institute presented their new fees for 2015, these are valid starting January 1st 2015.

Divorce Process in Mexico

Category: Professional Services
November 18, 2014

People who marry abroad can have their divorce process in the city of Merida, whether the marriage took place between two foreigners or between a foreigner and a Mexican.

Senior Citizen Membership

Category: Do-It-Yourself
October 13, 2014

Merida’s City Hall offers a card with additional discounts to the ones INAPAM card offers to the elderly.

How to Return a Temporary Imported Vehicle That Became Illegal While in Mexico

Category: Do-It-Yourself
May 16, 2014

When a resident changes his Immigration status from temporary to permanent residency, he will have to return his vehicle abroad, because it will no longer be legal in the country, given that the permanent residency is not authorized for this purpose.

5 Things to Know About Obamacare and the Impact on US Taxes for Expats

Category: Professional Services
April 23, 2014

In 2014, Obamacare (or the Affordable Care Act) officially went into effect. There has been much confusion amongst Americans as to how the Act affects US expats living around the world. To help clarify how US taxes for expats will be impacted—or not—we have outlined the 5 things you need to know.

Senior Citizen Discount Card (INAPAM) (Update March 2014)

Category: Do-It-Yourself
March 24, 2014

If you are over sixty years old and a visa holder or citizen of Mexico, you will want an INAPAM card. Here’s how and where to get one in Merida, Yucatan.

How To Apply For a Mexican Resident Card For The First Time

Category: Resident Services
February 21, 2014

This process starts at a Mexican Consulate and finishes in Mexico by doing something called canje (exchange in English) at the Immigration Institute. Through the canje, foreigners who hold a Mexican VISA in their passports, granted by a Mexican consulate, apply at the Immigration Institute for a resident card of the same characteristics as the VISA given at the Consulate.

New Immigration Fees for 2014

Category: Resident Services
January 7, 2014

The Mexican Immigration Institute presented their new fees for 2014.

The End of Fideicomisos (Trusts)?

Category: Professional Services
August 31, 2013

On April 3rd, 2013, a new initiative to modify Article 27 of the Constitution was presented, which will allow foreigners to buy properties in the restricted zone without a trust agreement. Foreigners who currently have properties with a trust agreement may choose to cancel them and be direct owners.

Enter your Email to be notified
of new articles & guides